House Cleaning Checklist: The Definitive Cleaning Guide
Cleaning your house can feel like a daunting task, especially when you don’t know where to start.
At The Junk Tycoons, we’ve put together a comprehensive house cleaning checklist that will guide you through a deep cleaning that will leave your house sparkling clean.
Kitchen cleaning checklist
The kitchen is the place where we prepare and cook food, so keeping it clean at all times is a necessity. Deep cleaning your kitchen helps to prevent foodborne illnesses, increases your overall hygiene, and reduces the risk of pests.
Here are tips for deep cleaning your kitchen:
- Get rid of any clutter that does not belong in the kitchen to make it easy to clean the space and have adequate space for food preparation and cooking.
- Clean the countertops and kitchen surfaces using a clean microfiber cloth with water and a mild liquid detergent.
- Use a microfiber cloth to wipe down all cabinet doors, backsplash, knobs, faucets, switches, counters, and other surfaces.
- Wipe down the kitchen sink with white vinegar and degrease the kitchen drain.
- Clean out the oven, refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher and other kitchen appliances.
- Vacuum or mop the floor and shake out area rugs.
Bathroom cleaning checklist
Since the bathroom serves a fundamental hygienic function in a home, it should always be kept clean. Due to water, soap, and steam, your bathroom is vulnerable to germs, fungus, and weird odors. That’s why you should deep clean your bathroom at least once a week.
Here are tips for deep cleaning your bathroom:
- Start by clearing the clutter that doesn’t belong in the bathroom. This can be things like empty bottles, towels, expired toiletries, old toothbrushes, damaged hair styling tools, and other items you never use.
- Wipe down all surfaces with disinfecting spray or a natural cleaning solution. This includes walls, sinks, cabinet doors, countertops, faucet handles, and door knobs.
- Mop the floor with a mixture of bleach and a commercial floor disinfectant, making sure you go into every nook and cranny.
- If the bathtub has stubborn stains, sprinkle baking soda on all bathtub surfaces and scrub the surfaces with a stiff nylon brush. Once you’re done and the bathtub looks clean, rinse it with clean water.
- Scrub the toilet bowl and the entire exterior of your toilet with a mixture of white vinegar and water. Be sure to pay close attention to the toilet seat and the rim of the bowl.
- If you have a glass shower door, spray all-purpose cleaner on the door and wipe it down with a microfiber cloth.
Bedroom cleaning checklist
Here are tips for cleaning your bedroom:
- Take out the trash and clear surface clutter. If you have huge loads of trash that weekly curbside trash collection companies won’t accept, call an experienced junk hauler to haul away the trash.
- Use the microfiber mop to dust the ceiling, walls and doors in your bedroom.
- Wipe down the windows, mirrors and light switches using a damp microfiber cloth.
- Dust everything from blinds, baseboards, furniture, picture frames, to bed frames.
- Vacuum and mop the floor.
Need Help with Junk Removal After Doing Deep House Cleaning? Call The Junk Tycoons to Help You Out
The Junk Tycoons is a reputable junk removal company that you can rely on to help you get rid of trash when you’re doing house cleaning. We are a reliable junk hauler with a lot of industry experience, so you can count on our team to do a good job.